Thanks to Our Volunteers for making the Snohomish Farmers Market a Community
Volunteers positions include:
print application click here
- Welcome Customers to the Market
- Market Signs: In some neighborhoods, we put out Market signs
on street corners on market days. Volunteers can “adopt” a Market Sign and be responsible for putting it out
each week during the season (sometimes this means storing the sign at your home during the
- Distribute posters/flyers, etc: Hand them out at special
events, local businesses, community locations and other designated spots, particularly in the early spring
before markets open. This is one of our most important and much-needed areas of help!
- Hand out coupons and promotional items at the market: Help
us get our flyers and coupons out to shoppers on market day.
- Market Info Table: Need regular help in staffing the info
table: sell Market merchandise, answer shopper questions about market, promote market. Must have basic
knowledge about market (we’ll teach you!) and excellent customer service skills.
- Write for the Newsletter: Write an article on a topic
- the markets and the seasons, as designated by the editor. Good writing skills
needed. For more information about this job and current needs for the newsletter, please ask.
- Shopper Survey: Help encourage shoppers at the markets to
participate in “dot” surveys (conducted over one or two market days per year). Good people skills
- Special Events, Kids’ Activities: This can includes events
such as the Zucchini Races, miniture seed pots, and Farmers Market week in August. Good people skills
needed, and good ‘kid skills’ needed for kids’ events.
- Office Projects: These include occasional projects such as
stuffing envelopes, preparing mailings, data entry projects and other occasional projects that may come
- Outreach and Publicity for market: Contact churches,
community groups, schools, etc. to arrange special presentations about the market or distribute special flyers,
notices, etc. Attend special events to promote market. Excellent people and presentation skills
Internships have flourished into permanent market positions
within our nonprofit organization...if you are interested in volunteering or interning with us please
contact SnohomishFarmersMarket@gmail.com. Currently seeking
interns for our 2013 market season!